You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP not working with Capture One Pro . . .

Downloaded Affinity Photo 1.3.4 last night and impressed so far . . . . one big problem though: I'm trying to do a ‘round trip’ with Capture One Pro 8.2.2 and they don’t seem to be talking to each other properly. Here's the process:

Edit a RAW file in Capture One

In CO, click 'File', 'Edit with', fill in the option boxes (choosing TIFF, etc) and select AP in the 'Open with' box

A TIFF thumbnail appears in the CO browser and AP opens up with the TIFF displayed

Edit the new TIFF with AP then hit 'save'

Back in CO I now have a dilaogue box open which says 'generating previews - Less than a minute left'

Wait, wait and wait - nothing. The TIFF thumbnail in CO is still showing the TIFF before editing in AP,

Try closing & reopenning CO - still no change to the TIFF thumbnail

I've tried various other ways, e.g. using 'save as' in AP to generate a complete new TIFF but CO then just shows a black box in the browser.

- all very frustrating as if I could get the two to talk together this could be a great combination - any ideas anyone??

thanks

• 2 months later...

Can you try to flatten the layers in Affinity hit Save and check if it updates the TIFF on Capture One?

I don't have Capture One so i'm just guessing here.

I tested with a single layer in Affinity, so nothing to flatten. It just refuses to load in Capture One.