You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo: replace one colour with another (like red eye removal, but with colour picker)

'Fence' is finished and replaced: http://manuschwendener.ch/2015/07/26/zolli-2

> replace the dark fence with one of the greens next to it

selection and refine selection, invert selection (to preserve the Meerkat's fur next to the fence)

loads of inpainting brush a bit of clone, dodge, burn and sponge, all at less than 100% opacity

Still would have preferred to just change the colour of the fence to green, keeping the texture - and be done with it ;)

---

Rui, thanks again for posting the .afphoto file for the columns; I'll try to follow your steps - might take some time..

photo retouching is a hard work. no way to achieve the best possible results without patience, trial and error and lots of time.

most of the people who see the photograph will not notice the difference, but it doesn't matter. i can't stand showing a shot of mine that i have not refined doing the best i can.

take care,

stefano