You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer always crashing

inknoir

Affinity designer is always crashing in the initialization stage.

Running an iPad Pro 12.9 inch, 3rd generation. Operating System is 13.2.2

Every time I attempt to open the app, it crashes.

The welcome screen starts. The initialization starts, and after about 60 seconds the app crashes every time.

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it multiple times.

I have reinstalled the OS.

The results are the same. Crash. Crash.Crash

• Staff

Hi inknoir,

That is very strange, especially after a reinstall of both the OS and the app! What is the storage capacity of the iPad as well?

Would it be possible for you to go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data and attach a copy of the crash reports for when it is crashing please? They should begin 'Designer iPad' followed by the date and time.

Have you installed any additional fonts (either in Settings > General > Fonts or using Photo iPad)? When you removed the software did you use 'Offload App' in Settings > General > Storage > Designer or did you just use 'Delete App' removing its documents and data? Although I would have assumed the reinstall of the OS would have done the latter!