You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Square rectangle marquee is inconsistent, incorrect

Selecting a square box using marque tool with shift held down bugs out and occasionally 'jumps' in size while dragging. Generally one of the sides is 1px off, if you drag from top right or bottom left, diagonally. When dragging from bottom left it jumps to incorrect size when it reaches 11px in gif below.

Expecting same sides in pixels, no matter how selection is made, with no "jumps".

PS. Issue doesn't appear when creating a vector rectangle, just marquee.

Ive reported this once, in beta (1.5 or 1.6).

1312992998_2019-10-2617-09-33.2019-10-2617_12_31.gif.690f0547230695fc6d05c3cf5c41e68b.gif

• Staff

Just to double-check. Are you seeing a different behaviour than this? Pixels are being selected on a "half-pixel" margin basis. So, if your cursor has passed the 50% margin, the pixel will become selected. Otherwise, it won't. See below. I've set up a 1px grid with a half-pixel subdivision, so you can see what's going on :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
2 hours ago, antonkudin said:

Can you also log the issue thats visible in my gif: when I select an are the Transform palette stops showing size and reverts to zeros. Only after i move the selection the correct values appear.

We're struggling to replicate this. Can you attach a screen recording of your entire screeen? Make sure you have both the History and Transform panel in view.