You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Has anyone else had this happen? I had an .afphoto file I was using and it was getting large enough, I saved it and then did a Save As and changed it to a new file name. Both files stood side by side after that. That was a few days ago. (Oct 19th is the last time I interacted with the 1st file). Yesterday when I went looking for the 1st file. it was gone. the 2nd file is still there, but it doesn't have what I need. I checked my trash. I checked iCloud. It's gone. I never deleted it - again, checked trash. 

So where did it go?

I've had image files not showing up in Finder and yet showing up in the file system when I clicked 'Open" in an app every once in awhile. But the afphoto file doesn't show up there at all.

Has anyone had this happen to their afphoto file on a Mac? And if so, did you find out where it was hiding? Will it reappear as oddly as it disappeared?

*confuzzled and confused*

• Staff

Hi Thia,

We haven't had any reports in the past and this isn't something Affinity itself would be able to do I'm afraid it sounds like you might have a file management app on your computer that could have deleted the files.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 3 months later...