Sign in to follow this  
NauticalMile

Lost page defaults?

Figured out how, set page defaults for a new doc, was working perfect, now everything went back to 8.5X11 and everything I set is gone?    -- Saved a page @ 10 X 13.5, chose fonts and shapes, selected "Defaults/Synchronize" for each separately, closed the page. Closed and restarted the program, opened a new page and all defaults were there. Later in the day went back in and everything defaulted back to an 8.5X11 with different fonts. Would there be some sort of "Lock Defaults" feature?

1 hour ago, NauticalMile said:

Figured out how, set page defaults for a new doc, was working perfect, now everything went back to 8.5X11 and everything I set is gone?    -- Saved a page @ 10 X 13.5, chose fonts and shapes, selected "Defaults/Synchronize" for each separately, closed the page. Closed and restarted the program, opened a new page and all defaults were there. Later in the day went back in and everything defaulted back to an 8.5X11 with different fonts. Would there be some sort of "Lock Defaults" feature?

Edit > Defaults > Synchronize resets defaults for items in the current document.

To make the changes permanent for new documents you need to additionally use Edit > Defaults > Save.

That's your first problem. Your second, I think, is that neither of those affects File > New, as far as I know. File > New will use the settings you last used in that dialog. If you want to save settings for that dialog you create a page preset using the hamburger menu icon to the right of the Page Preset field.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.518 Beta