You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Updated Affinity photo to 1.7.2 - crashes every time I open a .afphoto file

Biorn

I can add that it seems to work to open .afphoto files that are created in the new version. But opening the older ones crashes the app.

EDIT: Discovered that some old ones do work. But some (half?) the app stubbornly crash with every single time. And it's those ones I need for my work.

Edited by Biorn

5 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Biorn,

Welcome to the forums. 

Can you attach some files that don't work so we can have a look?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thank you! Of course. Here are two images that were created in a previous version of Affinity photo but are now crashing the new version every single time.

FBHeaderlogo2.afphoto

Headerlogo8.afphoto

• Staff

Somehow those files have got no ICC profile attached to them. I would be interested to know how they got into that state, as you cannot specify "no ICC profile" for a document.

In fact, that document is using an ICC profile with a non-ASCII name, which 1.6 could open fine ( but display as an "empty" entry the ICC list) but 1.7.2 could not open it. This is now fixed in the latest Windows beta, and should make it into the 1.7.3 Mac beta when it's released. 

image.png

The way to "fix" them while we try to fix the crash would be to grab a copy of 1.6 from our store (https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/macos/photo/1/) and convert the document to 8/16 bit RGB, or if you definitely need 32bit documents, assign the correct ICC profile. Also. is there any reason why you work in 32bit?

• 2 weeks later...