You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Double Master pages should behave as simple pages

Wosven

Hi,

In this test project, I created a book with text frames and decorations.

Explanations (you can skip this part):
Most of the page will use the same text frames: I created a master pages with 2 of them, linked for flowing text.
Since applying the Text frames master pages to other master pages (for examples: general purpose MP with decorations, special ones for begining of chapter), I tested applying the Text frames MP and the Decoration MP to the pages, before flowing the text. (I encountered other problem using the Text frames MP on other MP).

=> My first double pages have Text frames MP + Decoration MP applied.
I paste the text, and flow the text: 300 pages are generated automatically with those MP.
(First comment: there's nothing but simple vectors and text, and the file is 17M!!!)

Important part:

The Decoration master pages aren't applied individually to each page, but to the double pages. If I want to apply another MP to a single page and not keep the previous MP below, I need to delete the double page MP, and apply again individually to each page a Master page.
Perhaps it looks strange, but we should be able to replace a left/right master page in a document without needing to re-apply the master pages.

It happen a lot with magazines, with article of different lenghts each month when we need to apply a single master page easily.

Usually, we can create master pages on double pages, since perhaps we'll need to use this design on a left page or on a right page, and it's easier to create the 2 versions on a double MP. But they should behave as simple page.

You can test this with this file: Test_gabarit4.afpub