You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Freeze / Flatten transforms (as much as possible)

In 3D software I use transforms are a big thing, and most of the time it's great as you move each group / item the transforms stay with the groups / items, but a lot of the time once things are in place what you really want is to zero out all these parent level transforms and push them all to the innermost level possible: either the points of the geometry directly, or to the innermost text items possible. A lot of the time, for basic layouts, this would just consist of pushing all the translations (x, y position changes) into the innermost item translation - and even if just that option was added for starters it would be a huge improvement.

This is typically called Freeze Transforms in 3D land, but Flatten Transforms would also be fine. I noticed such an option in SVG export, but it doesn't actually work, <g> elements in the SVG still have matrices with translation in the stuff I've exported, it hasn't been pushed down to all the individual text items.

Thanks!