You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

three questions that would help my Affinity photo workflow

HI can the developers or experts tell me the answers to these three questions which will help me solve workflow issues

I've moved over from a life time of PS workflow and love what Affinity photo offers me,

1: how do i keep all the set up changes to the program like i used to be able to do in PS under workspace - namely sample size selections, measurements preferences, views and workspaces, it's a  pain having to always re-select millimetres, 3x3 sample etc each time I enter the program.

2: Under PS Levels command I could select the white picker and make accurate white balance adjustments via LAB or RGB , is there a way to do with the Affinity Photo as I see the Levels palette doesn't offer any access to pickers anymore. I have reviewed the multitude of videos online but none seem to offer any real way to quickly and accurately change the white balance based on the simple trick i learned years ago with PS.

3: Could someone please explain easily what LUTS are? to those of us you don't or have never used lightroom, are they some form of actions (PS) command I can't work it out - too old i guess.

• Staff

You can create document presets on the New Document window, UI workspaces, can't be saved. It's something thats been requested and may be in a future version

Not sure if you've seen this video tutorial on adjusting white balance but it covers both the Develop persona for RAWS and the Photo persona options.

See this recent tutorial video on LUTS and using them within Affinity Photo.