You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font is not crisp when I print

Hi,

When I save a design (in any format) and then print I've noticed that the font is not crisp. I've tried changing it to curves but this doesn't seem to work either. Any ideas for how to make it crisper would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy

Hi,

I always create and save at 300DPI. I use an Epson Workforce 7610 which works perfectly for my other elements (i.e. png files of my art or other elements). Not sure what you mean about color/mode and the text is just coloured within Affinity Designer usually with a darker border as I find this helps with the definition. 

I for instance need black&white imagery for my stamp making process. I´m printing on a 1200dpi monochrome laser. I tend to forget to use only either K=100 or RGB=0,0,0. So just the slightest amount of CYM will rasterise and graphic elements get unsharp borders. Not sure how this relates to ink printer which I don´t use.