You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Publisher repeatedly crashes

After a very successful few months using the Beta version I was pleased to buy the new Publisher for MacOS. It was okay to start with but now it crashes each time I try to open it. There is the Missing Resources Message and to start with I tried loading the missing items (from files created on Beta). After several items it crashed. After reopening it crashes each time whether I choose Yes, No or Resources Manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem. I cannot get into the programme or use my files which is a nightmare. Have wasted several hours on this. Is it likely that Memory is an issue? How can I resolve this?

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 16.32.02.png

• Staff

It could be the files you're opening have linked resources which are no longer in the original location to when they where when inserted into the file. If this is the case, locate and move all the files into a folder and store on your system in a location they can remain. When opening one of your existing Publisher files, when prompted, choose the Resource Manager, select one of the files and choose Replace and browse to the new location.

Thanks for your reply but I think you have misunderstood. I fully understand the the resources could be in a different place, however, I have three options on the pop up and selecting any of them causes the programme to “unexpectedly crash”. I cannot read the names of the missing items to find them and put them somewhere as you suggest. I am not trying to open a aff.pub file but the programme. I wanted to create a new document. Failing that being able to print my Beta created docs would be useful. I can do neither.