You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guys, these crashes are getting ridiculous.

I've had the product a little over a year now and I've got to say I'm getting increasingly annoyed.

I remember reporting crashes related to the guide manager around the time I started. A year later, they're still not fixed. I reported a crash related to the asset manager. It's still not fixed.

Now, going to the search bar inside the preferences causes a crash. This is unacceptable.

I am quickly losing confidence in anything I do in the program. I am tired of being worried that if I click on something, I'm going to cause the whole damn thing to crash.

I'm a software engineer, I know how management works - so product/project managers, please hear this: stop forcing your engineers to ship features for once and allow them to fortify the codebase. It's so obviously required and yet it's not being done. It's absurd how unconfident I am in the program I spend a very large portion of my time in.

Thanks.

• Staff
On 6/29/2019 at 5:54 PM, Junon said:

I reported a crash related to the asset manager. It's still not fixed.

We already reported your thread here regarding this to the developers [our ref AFD-2937] and our recipe (which crashed using search) has been fixed since beta 1.7.0.4. We will have assumed that this was your recipe also, because we made this report following your thread. That does not seem to be the case so we will probably need your help to replicate with your recipe or more likely your asset files via dropbox. (we can provide a link and tell you where to find the files if you are willing to share them) To be honest this is your first post since March so  our assumption that your problem was addressed is not surprising. When we get the chance we try to report into the original threads that we think the problem has been fixed. When we do that a customer like you will sometimes reply "fixed? not for me it's not fixed" and then we quickly know there is more to be done. So this seems to be a process problem that we should try to tighten up on.

On 6/29/2019 at 5:54 PM, Junon said:

Now, going to the search bar inside the preferences causes a crash. This is unacceptable. I am quickly losing confidence in anything I do in the program....

I agree, but that is not the result we get here. We will need to create a new recipe, but need your help. 

I would  like to move this thread to the appropriate bugs forum but in the last you have posted on both the Macos and Windows beta forums. Which OS and which application does this happen on please?  I will get a QA to reply to this thread when I have identified the application and OS affected.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon