You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

till customizable keyboard shortcuts are available - use better touch tool

hi folks,

i know customizable keyboardshortcuts are on the roadmap ... i am looking forward to it!

as a german designer, on my keyboard producing the shortcout "APPLE - ALT - SHIFT - ]" to bring an object to the front (or back, don't remember), simply is not useable, because my keyboard-layout has hidden the "]" behind the combination ALT + 6 and so on.

i hope that affinity puts a german/french/spanish ... native to create the necessary shortcutsets, when they are far enough with the development.

... otherwise, i offer my services for free, of course.

but until then you can use the VERY HELPFUL app "a better touch tool" to trigger AD-commands and convert them to something more suitable ... or vice versa: trigger your custom commands, when you use AD an convert them to AD-commands.

a better touch tool helped me a lot with AIs half-working keyboard-shortcut-customization.

cheers ... flo

http://www.bettertouchtool.net

I don´t want to download this third party tweak tool since i´m not using microsoft but Mac! 

But I really have to say that it´s quite a bit annoying that [ ] does not work on German Keyboards! 

It would be nice if you would fix that, just an option to select Ä# oder ü+ or something like that instead of [ ].