You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What are non-pixel elements

I have jpegs that I want to edit and I just want to save them as flattened. Sometimes I get this dialogue box that there are "The document contains non-pixel elements. Would you like to save the document flattened to pixels, or save as a new document?" And other times I don't get the box. Jpeg's are from same set of RAW files. I basically crop and apply curves. I merge the curve adjustment. And sometimes, applying same set of edits, I can either save and it saves directly, or it comes up with this dialogue box. Seems random. It does seem, though, that it occurs more often when I crop twice before saving, or cropping and them applying curves. 

Non-pixel equals Text or other Vector objects. I may also refer to an adjustment layer or a Live filter. Cropping is non destructive in Affinity Photo so the bit you cut off is still there.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.