You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi I'm totally new to photo editing and affinity so pleas excuse me if this is a silly question, I have started to use affinity but when i edit my photo and save back to apple photos it looks nothing like my edits .Ive included some screenshots of an example The first is just before i save back and the second is what apple phots then saves and displays. i haven't tried printing yet Any help or advice would be  appreciated

IMG_6641.HEIC

IMG_6640.HEIC

Yes  this is the process i using to save back to apple and I've tried again to do a quick edit and make sure. The final image being returned to apple looks nothing like what it does in affinity . i know it must be something i doing or not doing but thank you for trying to help. The image returns over processed or very dark 

• Staff

If possible could you use Quicktime to create a screen recording of this so I can try and replicate it here on my computer?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi, Callum, thanks for trying to help, i had to sign out in a hurry yesterday, i include the video as you asked. I didn't do much editing just an auto adjust to do something but as you  can see all my photo edits return like this .... a lot darker than i intend Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again

• Staff

Hi Jack farl,

Please could you open Affinity Photo and go to View > Assistant Manager  and then hit the develop assistant button. Could you then please set the RAW output format to 16bit then close the app and try editing from Photos again? This should hopefully solve your issue :)

Thanks

C

• Staff
10 minutes ago, jack farl said:

Callum thanks million ... i changed that setting while experimenting with HDR tutorial. All back to normal Thanks for your help

Thanks 

jack

No Problem Jack glad to hear you are back up and running!