You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

EXIF data change

I was doing some editing with CaptureOne using APB as my external editor when I noticed something odd. CaptureOne sends a tif to APB and normally I save that tif over-writing the tif that C1 created but this time I exported the tif with a different name so I could compare the two tif files. Much to my surprise, I found that APB had changed the metering mode from "pattern" (in the loaded tif) to a blank value (in the exported tif). I don't know if this was done purposefully by APB because of the editing or if it is a bug so I thought I would post it and ask.

I was doing the comparison in CaptureOne (which created the tif from the raw) and I only looked at those exif values that CaptureOne displays, so I don't know if there might be more changes. I do have an exif reader on my MBP so I can do a more thorough comparison if anyone wishes, but my first thought was to check to see if this change was done purposefully by APB.

Thanks.

Perhaps this is related to the problem in the thread you pointed me to, but I was not doing any resizing and the only part of the exif data that changed was the metering mode. Given that, I assume it was a different problem.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.