You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hide all palettes / User interface

I would like to draw with an completely clean canvas without the user interface. When I tap "Hide user interface" the bottom palette stays. Then I found the tip that I can double tap the "Hide user interface"-Button and everything goes away. But after I draw the first line the bottom palette shows up again! I don’t think it really has to do that!? 

Thanks for the wonderful software!!

Edited by PhiSta

I have the same problem...  When I tap on the HIDE UI button, the ui will go away but when I rest my hand on the screen about 50% of the time it will activate the UI... 

IMO,  when I tap that button the UI should never activate again until I tap the HIDE UI button a second time.  

• 2 years later...

Adding another “me too” on this.

Fighting the palettes showing up whenever they want to is infuriating. Double tapping on the hide button in the upper right seems to be but a suggestion.

At minimum give us a preference to enable the double tap to keep everything hidden while its locked. I waste so much time toggling the palettes and switching on/off whatever I just toggled with my palm that I feel like a monkey with a football… you know the saying.

Unless I’m missing something on how to keep the palettes under control, this wastes so much time and mental attention that it I’m ready to dump AD. I don’t want to, but feel like I’m being forced to.