You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi geo.sirbu and Welcome to the Forums,

Where are you importing the SVG from?  I just tried importing one thats stored on my iPad's local storage without issue using the Place command.  If you are using a Cloud service to import the file from, which service are you using?

Hi stokerg,

I am working on a vector illustration and when I add the SVG from iCloud using the “Place image” option it doesn’t load it as a vector. If I import the SVG when I start a new document it works properly. Not sure why this is happening.

Thanks

• Staff

Hi geo.sirbu,

When you place an SVG it will go in a vector, but is classed as an embedded document,  in the Layers section, it should show the SVG as an Embedded document and double tapping the SVG file on the canvas should open it up and allow you to edit the different parts of the SVG :)

If you are still having trouble, just attach the SVG and i can look into this further

• 4 years later...
On 5/3/2019 at 9:54 AM, stokerg said:

Hi geo.sirbu,

When you place an SVG it will go in a vector, but is classed as an embedded document,  in the Layers section, it should show the SVG as an Embedded document and double tapping the SVG file on the canvas should open it up and allow you to edit the different parts of the SVG :)

If you are still having trouble, just attach the SVG and i can look into this further

Wow, who knew. I was racking my brains about this for a while now & this solved it on one. This really opens up my work to another dimension. The best will be when you can do this natively in Designer, who knows maybe v.3.0. 

Thank You...