You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing on HDR Merge, iPad Air 3

I have a set of Olympus raw files, every time I try to do an HDR merge with them Affinity Photo gets through the alignment but then crashes after it starts the merge proper. It goes to a black screen followed by returning to the home screen.

In case it makes any difference the files are being loaded from Apple Photos.

I've had a few other random crashes/glitches but this one is repeatable.

Edited by FowlPhotos

• Staff

Hi FowlPhotos,

Welcome to the forums.

What model Olympus camera are the RAW files from and how many are being added to create a new HDR merge? A possible workaround is to process your RAW files first and converting them to .TIFF using the software that cam with the camera and then using Photo to create a HDR merge. This is because even though RAW files can be used for a HDR merge they aren't processed the same way as if you was opening a RAW file into the Develop persona.

Thanks Lee D. It's three EM-5II files. I'll give the workaround a go.  I might try some other shots too and also I could try files from an E-M1II.

I've realised my original post was ambigious by the way - after the black screen the iPad returns to the Apple home screen not the affinity one.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:53 AM, Lee D said:

Hi FowlPhotos,

Welcome to the forums.

What model Olympus camera are the RAW files from and how many are being added to create a new HDR merge? A possible workaround is to process your RAW files first and converting them to .TIFF using the software that cam with the camera and then using Photo to create a HDR merge. This is because even though RAW files can be used for a HDR merge they aren't processed the same way as if you was opening a RAW file into the Develop persona.

Edited by FowlPhotos