A friend of mine has finally moved to Affinity Designer on his Mac.  He has a large library of files he created in Adobe Freehand going back decades.  One of the big Designer selling points was that he was able to read these files in Designer with fairly good results.

However, since upgrading to macOS Mojave he can no longer open these files in Designer.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Hi Kirk Gray and Welcome to the Forums,

Would you be able to attach one the files thats failing to open?  Also let me know any error messages you get.

I've just been able to open a FreeHand 11 file here on my Mac, which is running Mojave and it's opened fine.

stokerg,

Thanks for the reply.  It's a friend who is having the problem.  I should be able to stop by his office next week and have a look for myself.  I'll report back with any error message, more info, etc. after that.