You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Corner Tool Feedback / enhancement request

The new corner tool is awesome. I tried it and played a little with it. Now what I found is, when you select a lot of corners and modify them with the corner tool it is sometimes hard to recognize the changes it makes, because the corner tool requires so much UI (circles and lines, etc). It would be great to simply move with the mouse outside the canvas and the UI would disappear and reappear once the mouse is inside the canvas again. That way, you could easily see even small changes made by the corner tool quickly without deselecting every corner you carefully selected. Sometimes the changes are covered by the UI (or corner-tool-quide-lines, if you will, those red lines, circles and dots). 

Also, the corner tool quickly becomes slow on my iMac mid 2011, 2.7GHz i5, HD 6770 HD, 20GB Ram. 

And finally, to celebrate the new corner tool, here are some great and funny shapes, one can do when mixing the live shapes with the corner tool:

post-966-0-30365400-1429611212_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi WalterBeiter,

Glad you like the corner tool! :)  It's a bit slower at the moment than it will ultimately be - I have two methods for working out the equations that I need and one of them is slow but reliable, while the other is super-fast but very occasionally goes a bit wonky... so we're using the slow one at the moment until I get chance to debug and fix the other one! So one day it'll get a LOT faster! It shouldn't be a problem once you've created the corners though as they don't require extra processing until you adjust them again - so hopefully this doesn't interfere with your real-world drawing (although I can definitely see how it can be provoked in test-cases)

If you want to hide the UI temporarily, just hold Space and the tool UI will disappear :)

Ultimately, corners will be a property on the shapes so they won't force the shapes to become curves - I think that'll be a nice addition :)

Thanks again,

Matt

If you want to hide the UI temporarily, just hold Space and the tool UI will disappear :)

Ultimately, corners will be a property on the shapes so they won't force the shapes to become curves - I think that'll be a nice addition :)

-> very good news.. Thanks a lot. Looking forward to new updates.