You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone, 

I hope you guys are doing good. I recently purchased Affinity designer and make a shift from Inkscape because of the printing issues. I had printed 700 pamphlets and they all had colors issues for some reason. Which was a total waste and I had to make a change in software which I was wishing for a long time. 

The reason for posting on this forum is that I really want to know the best practices for printing in affinity designer.

Now, I have a few questions, I started my affinity document with the Print (Press ready), 300 dpi and everything needed. When I imported an eps file from Inkscape just to take inspiration from it and redesign the pamphlet in affinity, I got a notification that the colors have been changed to RBG for that eps, did that change it for both the affinity document and the eps file I imported from Inkscape?

Another question, I imported a png image to use it in my design. Since I am a newbie, I wanted to ask would that also cause issues in printing? 

I know I am not making sense but I would be thankful if you guys can help me out. 

Thank you! 

• Staff

Hi roxor198 and Welcome to the Forums,

Do you have an .afdesign file you can share?  Feel free to attach it here or upload it to our Dropbox here

It sounds like you've started everything off correctly.  If you check under File>Document Setup and make sure the colour format is set as CMYK/8 and if you export that out as a PDF, i suspect it would be correct.  If you can attach the .afdesign file i'll be happy to see how it prints here but going forward with any print work, always get a proof copy printed before commiting to a large number of prints, even if you have double checked the file before going to the printers, ask them for a proof so you can check how it comes out on their equipment.