You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with PDF export changing file

The attached eps file when exported into a PDF has the blocks merged as can seen in the attached PDF as apposed to the original file. Seems to be a bug in the software as I have tried all different options and seems to be an issue as I cannot get this to save correctly into a PDF., I have used illustrator and corel and works fine in both software.

VDC_Logo_EPS file.pdf

VDC_Logo_EPS file.eps

What Affinity appears to be doing is ignoring the the clipping that was used on the shapes to create the shape. Affinity accepts the clipping from the EPS file but not from the PDF.

if you open the Affinity exported PDF with Adobe Illustrator it initially complains about "An unknown shading type was encountered." and tells you it needs to be reinterpreted but proceeds to open the PDF correctly including all of the clipping that was included in the original EPS file.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions