You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Simple question from old beginner

Ok so i have been using Inkscape for a few months and decided to move up.  I created a document with mm as the document type and a custom size.  Now how do i create in mm and not px, i guess i have missed the setting for that.

Thanks for any assitance you can provide.  I also searched help and it didnt.

Bruce

Follow up to my question. I do see the measurements in the transform window on the lower right but the "balloon" that appears as you are creating or adjusting the size is in px. Is there a way to change this or is it fixed?

• Staff

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forums! :) What you're noticing with the selection 'balloon' is a bug that has been fixed for the next beta and it now shows in the document units - hopefully we'll release the new beta in the next few hours :)

Also, if you go to 'Affinity Designer'->'Preferences...' you can see some options on the 'User Interface' tab and you might like to try out the 'Lines in Points' option: Disabling this will make your line weights show in document units too, but many people just like their lines to always be expressed in points - even when working in pixels/whatever, so this is why it defaults to the other state.

Thanks,

Matt