You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Node Smothness Control

I think the only thing I'd prefer is a way to control the smoothness and vectors on a node and their length quantitatively. 

For example, right now, I can't create an exact circle with the pen tool on its own right now, since I can't be sure the vectors coming out of each node will be perfectly symmetrical. 

But if I could control how long both vectors coming out of the nodes are, I can easily round them. Right now, this tool would mainly be helpful for making face shapes for me. I can keep using circles to round a node, but looking being able to have quantitative controls over them would be much nicer.

Imo, this can be done in two ways: In either case, I first click on the node, then for the left and right vectors coming out (assuming not a sharp node), I can either:

• Control the vectors using a value for an angle and length (ie. circular geometry).
  • Control the vectors using a relative X and Y distance away (ie. rectangular/Cartesian geometry).

Imo, such a feature could allow users to control the nodes and the vectors coming out of it nicely.

My only issue with such an idea is that may add a bit of complexity to the elegant simplicity of Affinity Designer. 

It would be nice if this was possible.