You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Drawing (vector) tools like Flash?

I have done limited vector work in Flash and one thing that struck me was how, using "Object mode" or more importantly having it turned off, enabled many functions like booleans, etc... without having to go to a menu. It was very freeing actually. I'm siting work by Chris Georgenes and some others when I say this.

For example, in non-object mode, you can create a shape with the pen tool. Then you want to create shadowing. So you simply drawing a new shape (outline) over the area (say an oval) and click on new area, fill it with a new color using bucket tool, then delete the oval outline. No menus or boolean tools. Seems very "freeing"

I was wondering what others thought of this workflow. I never used Freehand but everyone seems to have loved the implementation of its' toolset (especially compared to Illustrator). I wonder if it wasn't more like Flash.

I can make a couple of short videos showing what I mean if that helps

• 10 months later...

I would love this feature too. This kind of drawing vector shapes was always great in Flash. I've never seen this feature in other vector drawing apps, not even in Adobe's own Illustrator. It makes drawing with a pen very easy and efficient.