You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Maintain global colours in palletes

Had a quick look for this on the forums but could see it. Thought I might see if others would find it useful.

So If I want multiple shapes to maintain the same fill, the way of achieving this is to set a global colour and then select the relevant shapes and set the fill to the global colour. Now if I want to affect the fill of all of the shapes together (without having to select them) I can change this global colour and they'll all change accordingly.

Now, if I were to then import a palette that contains the same fill colour as the colour of these shapes, I feel like I'd benefit immensely from keeping that colour global for those shapes. If there's a concern that some shapes have global control and others don't (i.e. there are shapes incidentally the same colour that I don't want to control globally with the others) then there'd have to be a separate fill of the same colour that isn't global for those.

Ultimately I don't see a problem with, when importing a palette for artwork with global colours set, and the palette contains those global colours, a prompt to say:

"This palette contains colours that are currently set as global, would you like to maintain global colours?" Yes | No

This way I don't have to go through the effort of selecting all of these shapes again and setting their fill as global - a big time saver considering I'm currently using global colours as a workaround to this issue:

Does anyone else think this would be useful?