You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Columns and Page Numbers

Hi,

with the different versions of Affinty Publisher beta I made some tests.

In this test (attached File) I tried the Master with Guides and page-Numbers, text-Frames with different text- and paragraph-Formats, Baselines and other Grids, Wraps (pictures) and Columns …

I don’t understand (in the moment) two things:

• Wy do I have on page  5 no space between the columns? How do I create and vary this space. On the other text-pages I did the same and the result is different, but always the same space! I can’t find any tool in Affinity Publisher for this task.
  • Wy I find the Page Number (from Master) for the first Page on the left, where isn’t a Page and on the right I must create a new Layer with the Number etc.?

Götz Eberhard Barth

Germany, Esslingen am Neckar

Test_4_b.afpub

Hi @goetzebarth Somehow you have adjusted the gutter for the text frame on page 5.  The frames on the other pages have an 8.5mm gutter, while the frame on page 5 has it set to 0mm, as shown below.

View > Studio > Text Frame

image.png.29f7bfa65981bb27ae710bdcb75a4d54.png

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.1.1 release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release