You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing

First off, this is my first post for this amazing new application! :D

Okay now. Usually when you are resizing a photo or shape, you can resize it all you want. And when you hold shift while doing this it equally resizes the photo so that it does not look like crap for whatever you need.

Sometimes when you are resizing, the resizing functions will switch. Meaning when you don't press shift it automatically resizes the photo to be equal! 

Im not to sure if this is a feature or a bug so I dont know where to post this :l

Anyways cheers everyone! I will post the bugs I find out there for you guys to make this app better :D

-MrSock

• Staff

Hello MrSock

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Go to File ▹ Preferences, User Interface tab and select the behavior you want from the Move Tool Aspect Constrain drop down on the bottom.

The Automatic option will constrain the resize depending on the type of object selected. For objects with an intrinsic aspect ratio (like images or text frames) the proportion will be kept when you resize them. For the others, it will not (you must press ⇧ (shift) to keep their proportions. This option is selected by default.

Hello MrSock

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Go to File ▹ Preferences, User Interface tab and select the behavior you want from the Move Tool Aspect Constrain drop down on the bottom.

The Automatic option will constrain the resize depending on the type of object selected. For objects with an intrinsic aspect ratio (like images or text frames) the proportion will be kept when you resize them. For the others, it will not (you must press ⇧ (shift) to keep their proportions. This option is selected by default.

Sweet! Thank you very much for the help! Im so used to the way it is on photoshop :P 

Once Photoshop turned to a subscription based service, I have been looking for something similar to it ever since. Then I stumbled upon this amazing program! Once the full version comes out I will be more than happy to pay the $50 or however much it will cost when it is released! For my birthday here coming up on sunday I think with the money I earn I will get Affinity Designer depending if it is something I will need/want.

One more question regarding the Beta updates. I got an update when I came back from school and when I clicked on download, it took me to the website where I originally downloaded the Beta! Is this how I update the program? And if so, will this change? (Example: Whenever Steam [A gaming platform thing] has an update it will automatically install before starting up)

Thanks again for the help! Im excited for this programs future! :D

-MrSock

• Staff

You're welcome MrSock :)

Yes, to update the Beta just click the Download button on the dialog that appears when you launch Affinity. It will take you to the website where you can download it. This will not change for the Betas.

If you buy it through the Mac App Store, the updates will be managed by the Mac App Store app.

You're welcome MrSock  :)

Yes, to update the Beta just click the Download button on the dialog that appears when you launch Affinity. It will take you to the website where you can download it. This will not change for the Betas.

If you buy it through the Mac App Store, the updates will be managed by the Mac App Store app.

Allrighty! Thanks! 

You're welcome MrSock  :)

Just one more qeustion, can I just keep the DMG and download it again from the DMG? Or do I have to redownload the DMG?