You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing When Opening Particular File

I've been using your Beta software for a few weeks on a Halloween Party project. It's been working really well until today. Before today, there have been a crash or two, but it opened back up without issue, even with a recovery file when needed. 

Today, however, I downloaded the new version 1.7.0.139, and things were working well until they weren't. I was deleting a picture from a page, and the program crashed. When I tried to reopen it, I was prompted to choose the recovery file if I wanted. I clicked on that (as I hadn't saved in 15 min or so), and it crashed again. 

The second time I tried to reopen, I got the same prompt to open the recovery file, but when I tried, it crashed immediately.

The third time I tried to reopen the file, I thought I would not choose the recovery file option, but I wasn't prompted for it that time. It just crashed straight away.

I've tried numerous times since, but I cannot open that file. It will open my other .afpub files, but not that particular one.

I've deleted Affinity Publisher and re-downloaded/re-installed it, but it still crashes every time I try to open that file (Potions Book.afpub, attached). It will even open a previous version ("original", attached) of that file (from Time Machine), but not the latest.

So I thought that file was corrupt, but my partner is able to open it on his MacBook Pro without a problem. 

Thoughts?

MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)
OS X High Sierra 10.13.6
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Potions_Book.afpub

Potions Book (original).afpub

Hi christinerose

Welcome to the forums

I am getting the crash here but I had to install the relevant fonts and to chose to restore the file. From the looks of it, it seems it may be related to some of the text or a particular font. I hsall pass these files on to the development team though too look into the cause

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris, 

Thank you for your reply. My partner was able to open the file and make a small change. He saved it and pushed it to our git. I was able to open it again. I've been able to work on it since as long as I don't touch the image of the wolf skull on page 20, center of the right page. That was the image I was trying to delete when it crashed the first time, and it will cause the program to crash every time I try to delete or manipulate it. 

My partner tried, and it crashed his program too --- now he's unable to open it like I was before. 

Thought that information might be helpful. 

Potions_Book.afpub

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.