You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Improv Comedy Club - Oculus Party

AndyPhotoSJ

HELLO AFFINITY WORLD

Sharing some photography I for The Improv Comedy Club in San Jose. The Club is housed in a historic building and has been doing comedy for longer than I've been alive so great honor to be asked to provide them some photography as well as do what photographers do best and that is document. 

It is said that the corporate office has decided to end its time in this great small stage, makes me feel even more special I may one of the last photographers to photograph the building as it is under the companies name. on this night OCULUS was having a convention and they hosted a Oculus networking party. The DJ utilized the VR gear to showcase how they programed a virtual DJ Construct that is reactive to input from the user. it actually was a cool thing to see. I've worked in the night club scene a long time and typically change is slow in the industry but this can be a viable option for those who perhaps are into gaming graphics and music. 

got tons of photos but here are a few i can share.

_MG_1779.png

_MG_1796.png

_MG_1885.png

IMG_8045.png

_MG_1856.png

IMG_8049.png

_MG_1859.png

_MG_1878.png

IMG_8252.png

_MG_1772.png

What camera do you use?

If you are going for urban realism/urban documentary I can see the appeal but almost every image appears to be blurred, the glasses one especially, I would have liked it if at least one of the glasses was in focus, as an abstract image it would probably work.

It would have been cool to take a time-lapse of this and also a few low down shots of the virtualist < (made up word for the Oculus guy) and maybe a long exposure shot to get empathised blurred movement, a composite of him would also work well against the background screen (think matrix scenes.)

Hind-sight is a wonderful thing and I think this is where after the fact you get idea's. I always make a journal of these ideas so I can refer back to them and maybe fit them into a future project that is similar.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions