You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print problem in Publisher

In Publisher I set up a 12 page booklet (facing pages) , 2 pages per side of letter sized paper which will have 6 sides. If I print entire document everything is in the correct place. In PagePlus with a similar document, if I specify to print page 1 it correctly prints page 12 on the left side, and page 1 on the right side of a sheet. I get the same result if I tell it to print pages 1, 12. However, in Publisher, if I tell it to print page 1 I get a sheet with page 1 printed on the right side, but the left side is blank rather than having page 12. In Publisher, if I tell it to print pages 1, 12 I get a sheet with page 1 on the right and the left is blank, and I get a second sheet with page 12 on the left and the right is blank. I cannot get it to correctly print individual sheets unless I print the entire publication. So if I am printing a sample copy of the booklet and decide to make a change on 1 page of the booklet, I cannot reprint a particular sheet to replace in my sample copy; I have to reprint the entire booklet. And, by the way, I can't find a Print Preview icon/menu item in Publisher.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Radionut44

Sorry for the delay in replying. On the Print dialog, in the Layout settings, there is a chance to decide the imposition, and you would want Model = Booklet (I think you have done this). I can still reproduce your problem in the current build 133, and will report it to the developers. I also think there is a desire to "print current Sheet" as well as page, so what you have in the preview window is the one you mean (and perhaps even automatically work our what is on the other side for 2 sided printing!)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.