You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Software crushing while loading

Hi,
I purchased affinity photo yesterday and installed it, but haven't been able to use it at all, as when  i launch it, the logo appears, takes quite a while and after a full minute or 2 the "the program has encountered a problem and needs to close" message comes up.
I've never been able to go past the logo attached and that message .

I would love to get some help to make it work, or have a refund, please.

I use a new PC with Windows 10 and I have already checked the list of 3rd party software mentioned in another forum.

Thank you

Affinity.png

• Staff

Hi ValeG,

Thanks for checking the third party software compatibility list :)

Please try running the app holding the Ctrl key, keep it held down until the ‘Clear User Data’ dialog appears, release the key and choose Select All and then select Clear.

The app should now open correctly, if this does not help do you have many custom fonts, or a font manager installed?

WHen I hold Ctrl and start Affinity Photo the window saying that affinity is not responding and the choice if to close program or wait for it to respond, comes on much faster.
Even if I choose to wait for it to respond, it comes back right away, then the program crashes on its own, each tiorry

I'm sorry

• Staff

Thanks for trying. I'd recommend uninstalling, redownloading the latest .exe from here and re-installing the program. Files may have not been created or cached incorrectly during the installation process, forcing the application to crash each time.

I'm sorry I haven't been in front of the computer very much these days.
I just had a chance to uninstall the one i had now, reinstall the one from your link, restarting the computer and nothing. Same message.
It takes forever to load and then just crushes. While if I keep the Ctrl button pressed while starting,t he message if to shut down or wait for the program to respond, comes up pretty fast.

Would someone be able to organize a refund for me please?
I was hoping this would be the fair price substitute for Photoshop, but for some reason it doesn't want to work on my computer.

Do you have any other idea?

Thank you