You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Ronecc and Welcome to the Forums,

What type of image are you opening, is it a RAW file or standard JPG?  If RAW, we do open the actual RAW image and not the embedded JPG like most other apps, so this can cause a delay in loading the image into the Develop Persona.

• Staff
6 minutes ago, ronecc said:

Just a simple jpeg file, about 170kb, from an ipad.

With a file that small, i wouldn't expect any delay at all.  

Can you attach the JPG in question and when you say "From an iPad" i take it thats where the image has come from and you are opening the image in the Desktop version of Affinity?

• Staff

Just saved that image and it opens pretty much straight away for me using File>Open and browsing to the image.

With Affinity closed, it took a little longer by right clicking on the image and selecting Open With>Affinity Photo but that is to be expected as i was waiting for Affinity to start up and then open the image.