You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a Fuji X-T20 and am considering buying Affinity Photo Desktop for Mac.  Two questions:

*  I have the camera set to take RAW images using the Lossless Compressed option.  Will Affinity be able to open such files?

*  The camera incorporates digital lens corrections for RAW files.  Will Affinity be able to read and uses this metadata?

Hope someone here can help.  Thanks!

• Staff

Hi sircarlphil :)

The Fuji-X-T20 is not currently supported by Serif Labs RAW engine, however it is supported by the Apple Core RAW engine which you can select in the develop assistant. Provided you have this option selected then Affinity can process your RAW files, however according to Apples RAW list it supports Uncompressed RAW format only.

In all honesty, we can't answer this question with a definitive answer as when using Apples RAW engine, you also must use Apples Lens correction, which they do not supply a list for unfortunately. However it's been mentioned previously that if Apple support the body, we can see no reason why it would not support the kit lenses for auto lens correction.

Of course you're welcome to try our free 10 day trial and see how you get on with Affinity Photo! :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I think it would just be easier to stick with Iridient Developer, which is what I use now, to develop my RAW files, then bring the TIF files that ID generates from those files into Affinity for all other adjustments.  ID does a great job with Fuji X files, so I was considering this option anyway even if I do buy Affinity.  Unless you can suggest something else.  Thanks for your response.