You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SVG export for use in parsing in game development

this is something I am sure has been brought up about a year or so ago. but could not find it on here.

SO

this link here is how you can use inkscape to design levels in video games, parsing the SVG data in whatever you are using that can be used for collision, shapes & other such things

I really think this would be a fantastic feature for designer, photo, or whatever affinity product that can have SVG output.

please look at the link & see how it works & uses the data to build levels. its super awesome & would be even more awesome to have

http://www.fierysquirrel.com/post.php?id=705

all the best

• 2 weeks later...

awesome. thats great someone else likes this.

I think in the end its good to have options. because if you want to keep a certain customer, its nice to have those options that can cater to what they need.

hopefully there is more traction & people can give a +1 or thumbs up or something to show & then it gets researched & implemented - as this would help not just game devs, but web devs & many others