You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Development road opinion

As a pro user of imaging apps for last 20 years I have personal opinion. Maybe you should leave RAW support  (Develop Persona) and Liquify Persona as is for now and concentrate on basic functionality like contextual menus and info palettes, brushes, painting, cloning, working with layers, smart objects etc.

Most pros (people who works with RAW images) have already some kind of RAW development app for that. (CaptureOne, Aperture, Lightroom or many others)

I am not sure how many developers you have but this app is very promising and I will buy it asap. You can always come back to RAW or liquify features in version 2 or 3 of the program.

Sorry but I disagree with you on this, simply because some of us are looking for a replacement for Aperture and don't want to have to use Adobe products. I have installed Light Room 5 and frankly the interface sucks compared to Aperture.  Affinity is a very promising project and should not be hobbled by not supporting RAW development in app. 

Affinity should be in a great place about the time that Aperture becomes useless on the next OS release.  

I agree with their statements about DAM development in other posts  but I hope that eventually they will add one in.

I did not say do not support RAW at all. What I meant is to concentrate on basic functionality of a image editing program. Once that is working great do the less important features. I own Aperture, CaptureOne Pro (best of any RAW engines) and Lightroom. It's true that Aperture will not be upgraded but also it will not stop working that day when Apple will release Apple Photos.

Lightroom is the worst of them. The only one good thing lightroom has and I would like to have this in captureOne is support for Xrite color checker passport plugin so I could make my own custom camera profiles.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.