You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm conscious this has been asked before but there seem to be no recent updates here in the forums.

On the iPad, can we please have a meaningful default filename when exporting images? I am using Affinity on an iPad Pro, it is fully up to date. I have tried a number of methods to import my images in the first place, but the one that seems most efficient is via the iPad SD card reader which is reasonably quick (once it has built tons of thumbnails... every time), where the Photos app imports the files. My source images are RAW files, sometimes paired as RAW & JPG (Olympus OMD camera).

I have seen on the earlier threads on this subject the comment that "Photos doesn't retain the filename on import." That may once have been true but certainly is not true now and hasn't been since before the last Affinity iOS update. Both FileBrowser and in Lightroom Mobile can see the exact original filenames, same as if I had imported to my laptop. Affinity has been left behind and insists on "Untitled.jpg" as the only default option, so I have to open one of those other apps up to remind myself what the exported jpg filename actually should be (if I want to be able easily to recognise later where the export came from, which I do). Terrible workflow, and gets in the way of processing a batch of photos.

An enhancement would be also to add (insert, replace) other standardised filename stubs - personally I like to prefix the capture date, others might like to add an album name when working on a bunch of photos.

Any chance of an update?

• 1 year later...

I think this is a very good suggestion

I have been using Affinity for HDR and the "untitled.jpg" naming is useless

Photomatix (HDR s/w) suggests a file name where it takes the prefix as the common part of the filenames and the suffix is something like "+2" (images). This is a lot more helpful!

• 3 years later...

It is that I miss s well.  If you merge some single shots to HRD together it would be nice if Affinity photo suggest an name depending of the single names like 2001, 2002,2003... .afphoto.

When I safe the HDR files sometimes I have issues to find the source files in a large folder again.