You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forum Content Suggestion (Preview Images)

idk what it is about art forums but most of the time you see a title of the image "describing" the content but usually you can only see it if you click that title.

Being an art forum I believe it should be more engaging towards the art community rather than a bunch of text but harmonizing the best of both worlds in an appealing visual manner.

For example "Tutorials", "Show Your Work", and "Resources" are all good examples of sections which would be easier to navigate if there was a preview image showing the content. Which saves people hours and hours of time via research. deviantART does a very good job at utilizing this technique (it may not be a forum but a perfect example of what I'm addressing).

Another minor suggestion I suggest is have some of the "Show Your Work" images viewable similar to how Blender Artists have shown their art. It keeps the site a little more interesting and helps inspire other designers to improve their work more while getting their art viewed easier than reading "face rig" or something like that.

Not necessarily a rant but a big annoyance I have with most art forums which is why I tend to avoid them. It'd be nice to see these improvements added to Affinity's forum.

"Procrastination is the enemy of productivity!" ~Michael