Boozy Floozie

SVG Export From Affinity Designer To ZBrush

Here’s a very quick tutorial that requires no images and may help others who use Affinity Designer with ZBrush to import vector/ svg shapes for extrusion.

To bring in an SVG file to ZBrush’s Text 3D & Vector Shapes Plugin successfully I.e with no stretching of proportions and other potential issues…..

1, Make sure your document's porportions within Affinity Designer is square
2, If you didn’t create your vector shape in a square document - copy it and past it in to a newly created square document.
NB: How the pasted shape is aligned is of no importance to ZBrush, nor is it’s size within the square document.
3, Select your shape in the document > now export your SVG >File > Export , using the preset SVG (for export) , Area = Whole Document.
4, Import in to ZBrush> ZPlugin> Text 3D & Vector Shapes>New SVG et voila. All should be harmony and joy.

(At the time of writing using Affinity Designer 1.6 & ZBrush 4R8)

Strange I have get email about zBrush 2019.1.2 and Affinity Designer 1.7 but this here online browser doesn't appear that weird. 

Yes I have receive from your email JavierBecana but this browser did not appear.

JavierBecana Yes correct.

SVG is error on zBrush 2019.1.2

SVG is no error on Blender 2.79b and Blender 2.80

from Affinity Designer export.

zBrush 2019.1.2 need work some more code for SVG bug.