You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi.

In the tutorial about printing there is a recommendation to use ColorSync instead of printer's own color management. It needs choosing appropriate printer/paper profile. My question is, can I tweak the output, if no profile gives the result expected? I understand, that I should create a custom profile, but all the answers I found in the web suggest calibrating display and printer using expensive equipment. I just want to add a little more blue tone and make the output slightly lighter, assuming the display image is correct. I can do it using printer's color management, but how to do this with ColorSync? Is it possible at all?

Hmm, well of course you will get best working results here with some appropriate calibrating device which then can calibrate the whole device chain (Monitor, Printer, Scanner...) and produce reusable ICC profiles then for you. - However there are some things you can also manually tweak here via ColorSync and other interoperating system tools, at least for monitor profiles.

Since I don't have the time to tell you in detail how to try out certain things here, I just point you to a german PDF article about such ColorSync related tasks and workarounds. You can copy/paste the text of that article into some german-to english translation engine in order to understand what they recommend there ...

Other than that you may search on the web for some more deeper explanatiory articles or tutorials of how to perform certain things with the help of ColorSync and other third party tools here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2