You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo + Lightroom (EDIT IN / PLUGINS)

So I am a bit disappointed so I am going to hope really hard that I am just missing something, a work around is available, or this is being addressed by development so to the point:

WHY IS THE WINDOWS APP STORE VERSION A LESS FUNCTIONAL VERSION?

I paid the exact same price for Affinity Photo via the Windows App Store but I don't get plugins? I don't get simple "Edit In" function from Lightroom? I don't get access to the betas? WTF?

I looked at some other threads in the Questions section and found a few people asking the same question but only one that seemed to have any response from Serif.

TLDR version of that post is basically "Why would we put the things you can't do on the marketing page of our application?" Thats a bit of a BS response. You don't have to list all the things it can't do but you could make a simple mention that the Windows App version may not have all the same functionality as the version directly from Serif due to limitations on how Windows App Store apps are handled.

So again I paid the same price in the Windows Store as I would have directly through Serif but I don't get full functionality. So if anyone has any information on how to circumvent this issue I would be really appreciative. If not there is always the refund route and I'll make sure to move along from Serif. Not because their application is bad but because when asked about these types of things their moderators give pretty shifty responses and it just seems like a bad business model to charge certain groups of people the same amount for a version of a product that is technically inferior without being transparent about it.

• Staff

I made that response you are quoting, and it's not meant to be BS. Unfortunately I do not think that you are missing anything (though users are welcome to post here and prove me wrong),  but we are looking whether there are any work arounds. 

I think that you are right and we need to list on our marketing pages and the Microsoft Store page that the sandboxing process restricts or makes harder to achieve certain functions. The whole Microsoft Store process is very new to Serif and we are learning too. In the new year I will bring this up with senior team and suggest that we address it. 

As those functions are/seem important to you I would suggest that you request a refund, but I do not know how straightforward it is on the Microsoft Store.  

Patrick Connor 

Head of QA and Support 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon