You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print Area Adjustment

Boppa

I am using Affinity Designer to create greeting cards. I apologize if I missed something but I am not seeing where to adjust the print area when printing to my printer. I am using a Canon Pro100 to print cards and the card design is not printing centered on the paper... so when I fold the card the image on the inside compared to the outside is overlapping. When using AI CS6, the print dialog box has and adjustment section where I can adjust the image print area... example X = .63"   Y = .38". Adjusting these values will allow me to center the design. Is there a way to do this on AD 1.6? which I am currently using?

Hi Boppa

There is currently no method in the print dialog to offset the print manually. Usually it will centre the print but this could depend on driver. Is there anything in your printer properties that will centre the print? If you've having to do it manually in other apps then this might be the best place to look first. I can move this to the feature requests section though to have the ability to offset the print area included

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks Chris for your reply.

Yes, I believe there was a post earlier today from a photographer with the same issue and I think this feature is important and would be very helpful. For now I'll have to use AI to make this work. I do like using Affinity though and would like to be able to use it exclusively.

Here's the link to his issue...