You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows build?

I've searched the forum but see no mention either way of support for Windows either now or confirmed for the future.  I see you are a very Mac-centric company.  But what is the official stance on a Windows build of Affinity Photo?  

If you are planning on releasing for Windows, what is the timeline?  This year?

Mac-centric? If you read their About Us page, they were previously 100% Windows:

After 25 years of developing products exclusively for Windows, in 2014 Serif will release its first ever Mac product - Affinity Designer.

If they intend to develop Affinity Photo for Windows, there's no doubt they'll get there.

Mac-centric? If you read their About Us page, they were previously 100% Windows:

If they intend to develop Affinity Photo for Windows, there's no doubt they'll get there.

'previously' is the key word there.  Now all of these new apps appear to be Mac-only.  hence my thought the company is Mac-centric.

We're aware Windows exists, but we have no timeline for supporting it in Affinity. We already have a suite of products on Windows - the "Plus" range.

None of those apps appear to have the robustness that these new Mac-only Affinity apps have.  It is somewhat like showing off a new Mercedes Benz C Class then telling a portion of drivers they are welcome to drive this Honda Accord.  Doubly strange since you apparently started off with Windows apps.  In any case, looking forward to a Windows build for the Affinity suite!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.