You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question about multiple selection and proportional resizing.

Hey guys I am very confused. 

I want to know how can I select multiple objects by clicking them one by one instead of dragging a rectangle zone. Just like what we do on desktop version: holding shift we can select multiple objects. 

And how to resize a object proportionally? When I select a object and drag the handles on the corner, it cannot preserve original width-to-height ratio. 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Tinamp said:

I am trying to figure out how to lock aspect ratio (proportional resizing). The methods that should work aren't. It seems to be a software bug that needs to be fixed.

IMG_3036.JPG

I tried the same and it didn’t work. I think turning on the lock button in the transform panel will only keep the aspect ratio when you input your own numbers in the width/height text fields. 

But I finally figured out the correct way after digging into the UI. Go to preference when no document is loaded, switch to “Tools” tab, and select “Always constrain” in the “Move tool aspect ratio constrain” drop down list. Then objects will keep its aspect ratio if you drag handles on the corner of it. 

D69B8326-7092-49F8-B885-1FD5D365EDCB.png

Edited by Cheng Luyu
Add a screenshot.

• Staff

Hi Tinamp,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To use the constrain option on the context toolbar on bottom (as in your screen), tap and hold it while dragging the handles of the object bounding box.

Regarding the lock icon in the Transform Studio there's currently a bug (already logged) that's preventing it from working properly.

On 2017/9/7 at 0:52 AM, MEB said:

Hi Tinamp,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To use the constrain option on the context toolbar on bottom (as in your screen), tap and hold it while dragging the handles of the object bounding box.

Regarding the lock icon in the Transform Studio there's currently a bug (already logged) that's preventing it from working properly.

Wow it works! Thank you very much. By the way, how to select multiple objects? I know I can use move tool and drag a selection zone. But there are massive objects on my canvas overlapping with each other. In this circumstance, it’s difficult to select some of them.