You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF : .afphoto Big file size ...

LudoE

Hello,

I just realized that my RAW developed in .afphoto weighs tons !!!!

Always more than 100MB, while I have only done the development + addition of a single layer ( picture 5000px X 3400px ).

I understand better why the free space of my hard drive melts like snow in the sun!

Is it like that on other development software?

It will become difficult for me ... Especially that finally the .afphoto does not bring much for just development because we can not even go back on a development in progress ...

There is a solution to alter the size of .afphoto files?

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello LudoE,

this is something that I also had observed.

Had done several compositings which ended up in AP at a file size of nearly 7,2 GB each.

Out of interest, I had these redone in PS, where they ended up just at about half the size (3.48 GB).

If you add a full pixel layer to a file, this usually doubles the file size. This is to expect.

Adjustment layers or masks don't add that much to a file though.

The Affinity file format does seem to be very wasteful.

Using TIFF should keep at least the pixel layers, but everything else would be erased from the file, so effectively there is no solution except hoping for the development team to optimize the Affinity file format quite a bit.