You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Traditional Chinese & Simplified Chinese translation

Hello there,

Would like to ask, is there any intention to join the body of Traditional Chinese?

In part of the professional terms, the Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese will be out of Chinese, it is easy to understand the situation does not understand.

I know that this may not be your primary focus, but as one of your users, I still hope that you can consider this matter.

Another point is that some English parts are not translated, this part will be amended?

I am using the Google translation of these words, if there is not clear where please forgive me

• 1 month later...
On 2017/8/27 at 8:47 PM, qqorzi said:

Hello there,

Would like to ask, is there any intention to join the body of Traditional Chinese?

In part of the professional terms, the Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese will be out of Chinese, it is easy to understand the situation does not understand.

I know that this may not be your primary focus, but as one of your users, I still hope that you can consider this matter.

Another point is that some English parts are not translated, this part will be amended?

I am using the Google translation of these words, if there is not clear where please forgive me

I guess you basically are suggesting to add a Traditional Chinese version to the available languages? That might not be a big difficulty for the technicians I assume. 

"Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese will be out of Chinese"? "it is easy to understand the situation does not understand"? Can't figure out the points...

God bless Google Translator... :-)

4 hours ago, affinitytime said:

I guess you basically are suggesting to add a Traditional Chinese version to the available languages? That might not be a big difficulty for the technicians I assume. 

"Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese will be out of Chinese"? "it is easy to understand the situation does not understand"? Can't figure out the points...

God bless Google Translate... :-)

I use another way to express well
Mainly the issue of noun translation, traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese in some of the terms used above habits are different, I give an example,
For example: bandwidth
Simplified Chinese is called
帶寬
However, traditional Chinese is called 頻寬
This is what I mean, traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese will be out of Chinese

On 2017/11/3 at 3:50 PM, qqorzi said:

I use another way to express well
Mainly the issue of noun translation, traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese in some of the terms used above habits are different, I give an example,
For example: bandwidth
Simplified Chinese is called
帶寬
However, traditional Chinese is called 頻寬
This is what I mean, traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese will be out of Chinese

OH yes you are definitely right in that sense. We can easily pick up a number of examples such as: 

网络 vs. 網路

数字 vs. 數位

移动电话 vs. 行動電話 

If we want to be culturally sensitive, we actually should provide 3 language locales for Chinese: the ZHCN (for Mainland China), the ZHHK (for Hong Kong) and ZHTW (for Taiwan) . But I guess that would add some extra works... :)

50 minutes ago, affinitytime said:

OH yes you are definitely right in that sense. We can easily pick up a number of examples such as: 

网络 vs. 網路

数字 vs. 數位

移动电话 vs. 行動電話 

If we want to be culturally sensitive, we actually should provide 3 language locales for Chinese: the ZHCN (for Mainland China), the ZHHK (for Hong Kong) and ZHTW (for Taiwan) . But I guess that would add some extra works... :)

I know, so I can only hope. However, since you already have experience in handling simplified Chinese, if you release the document, you may be able to complete it through the power of the community.