You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PaperLike Cover

Affinity Photo for iPad has revolutionised how I use it and saves me lots of time because now I can use it anywhere - sofa, commuting, camping etc - and don't have to wait until I'm back home and get my laptop out, and get some peace and quiet from the kids!  Brilliant!

At the moment, I don't have a protective cover on the screen and find that it's too smooth and slippy for fine editing. I would like to protect my iPad screen and still be able to use my Apple Pencil for editing, and am considering this PaperLike protector - https://getpaperlike.com/.  From reading about this, I think it would give me the better control of the Apple Pencil I want as the information says it gives feedback control as it has friction/resistance.  But I realise that the roughness might reduce the sharpness of images.  So I was wondering if any of you have this and if it reduced the sharpness of photos/images, or created any other issue when you're editing?

I'm not a professional photographer, and tend to use it for retouching family photos and photos I've taken when out for walks with my photography group, so I really don't want to spend a lot of money on this if it doesn't seem like it will give me the solution I'm looking for!

Thanks
Stu

• Staff

We have not tried this screen protector so I am unable to confirm if it effects of the pencil with Photo, it may be worth looking at the magazine reviews that are shown on the products website or search the web for any independent review or forum posts.