You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating eBooks in Affinity - (Amazon iBooks)

You would be far better off using Word  (or any word processor). Amazon even supply ready made Word templates and they have an online Word to epub converter. They will want the final book in their standard format.

With Word you can make lists of contents etc. Use Designer for the cover and illustrations..

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/A37Z49E2DDQPP3?ref_=gs

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

But the problem is with the lack of customisation/ control offered in both 

So yes, I have a picture book in Word doc form for mac, but wish to transfer across to affinity.

It imports it as Grayscale, can you explain that please... it doesn't warn or ask ... it just does it?

I understand, still a relative newbie myself, AI is used for entire ebook creation. But you're right: most focus on the cover.

Looking at this page, (https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/A3IWA2TQYMZ5J6 ) I can see what you're saying but I feel I need to start from a better starting point. Text, if it can be imported correctly, can become a very important illustration design itself.

Are there some full book templates, which cover the majors Kindle, iBooks etc ?

I will look at Kindle's new tools.

So I downloaded the KindleCreate Beta

Tried to convert a Word Doc and it refused to look at it. (failed conversion of an 80mg file)

So that's the concern, if my workflow starts and finishes inside Affinity from Word, and then the last step is to downscale ... it's me doing it ... not them.

I will keep testing if Kindle's tools have stepped up, but I think they are restrictive in a destructive way. If I were adding videos, obviously I understand it ... but we're just talking higher resolution photos.

But as a relative newbie, I'm getting tossed around too much, but Affinity really could answer all of that if I know how to use it.

Thanks